You’ve got an enormous task ahead of you, but we are going to help immensely! Thisinformation-packed workshop is designed to deliver complete information in the shortest amount of time. From legislation affecting FLSA, OSHA, COBRA, ADA, FMLA,and HIPAA to the best practices in record keeping, benefits, hiring, firing, and discrimination, this workshop is a foundational course to train you to spot key HR issues, and how to tackle them.Limited class size for Maximum Learning. We limit each class size to a small group,and because of this, our classes fill up fast. Please book as far in advance as possible.
To Register call 336-739-3106 or visit JacobDarrAssociates.com
We offer onsite New To HR Training to your group, team, or an entire department.
Included: NTHR 101, NTHR 201
• The training that every employee must receive in your organization.
• The laws HR Professionals must know regarding FLSA, OSHA, EEO, ADA, HIPAA, and FMLA.
• Practices to keep your organization out of trouble and minimize risk.
• Evaluating if your current HR practices are legal.
• Troubleshoot legal topics.
• The employee handbook, what to include, and what to leave out.
• Educating employees on company policies.
• Coaching, counseling, and employee discipline.
• Employee File.
• Legally correct employee documentation.
• Legally correct hiring practices.
• What you can and cannot say during an interview.
• Making an Employment Offer.
• References, background, and drug test – what you can and cannot do.
• Employee coaching.
• How to conduct a performance review.
• Legal Documentation.
• Essential benefits, such as workers’ compensation, FMLA, and COBRA.
• Different benefits and how to educate employees.
• Exempt v/s non-exempt employee, wage, and hour basics.
• Legal signage requirements.
• How to manage employee benefits changes.
• Positive ways to engage employees.
• Listing of employee records that you must have at all times.
• Governmental required records.
• Regulatory audits.
• Employee files: what goes inside, what stays out, and who can access.
Jacob Darr Associates is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 7 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.”